Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 16, 2015

A Time To Every Purpose

I was suprised to check the blog and discover that it has been a month since I posted here.  There are two main reasons.   First, since we finished school three weeks ago, I have spent a lot of time home just catching up on things that I just did not have time to do when we were in school.  I have done some painting, extra cleaning, sewing, and teaching my kiddos how to do some new tasks around the house to add to their list of summer chores.  We have also done some fun things such as a trip to the zoo, a trip to see my brother graduate from college with his masters degree for we girls, camping (daddy and boys while the girls were away), strawberry picking, and a couple of trips to the beach.



Fun at the zoo


The second reason for the silence is that there is nothing to report regarding our final Ministry Approval and travel dates.  We received a couple of brief updates about our daughter in April, but it has been otherwise quiet.  About three weeks ago I asked if there was any news and was told that our local contact (in Poland) had not been give any news regarding our case.  Honestly it is very frustrating, my (our) patience with this whole waiting thing is very thin right now.  King Solomon said in Ecclesiastes that there is "a time to every purpose", and right now our time seems to again be just to wait.  Waiting is hard, and though I think everyone who has ever adopted has had to wait at some time in the process, it doesn't really make it any easier.  There are some who have waited longer than we have and others who have waited less time, but waiting is a part of it.  In a few days it will be 2-1/2 years since we were accepted by our agency to begin this process, and in my opinion that is long enough. :-)  We do expect an update on Monday, but it is very possible that there will still be nothing new to report then. We'll keep you posted.


1 comment:

  1. I know the waiting is so challenging. Trust that the Lord will bring your family all together at the perfect time. Spend as much time as you can praying now. For God to give you wisdom in helping your youngest daughter grow into your family. :)

    ReplyDelete

We have received your comment, and as soon as we can review it, it will appear below. Thank you!