Total Pageviews

Monday, October 1, 2012

Let the Fund Begin!

Sorry for the horrible play on words in the title!

I want to let you know about the first fundraiser we are having to help cover the cost of adoption. 

In the early part of November, I will be walking approximately 110 miles, from Holly Ridge, NC to Myrtle Beach, SC.  I am asking for churches, businesses, and individuals to consider sponsoring me either per mile or a one time donation. 

I am partnering with a licensed Christian orphanage in Peru, and the funds raised will be split 50/50.  I believe God can help us to raise a large portion of the $30,000.00 needed, even in this tough economy.  God is concerned with the fatherless!

In the next couple of days I will post the details on where you can sign up to help, and a list of things needed to make the walk successful.  Will you please pass the word for us?  Thank you!

Check back soon for an update, or subscribe to be notified by email.

2 comments:

  1. Mark, that comment was VERY reminiscent of your father! Very excited about this new adventure you and Erika are embarking upon. Will be praying with you for God's provision.

    Kelly (Allen) Somers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, it seams that every day I wake up I see my Dad more and more in the mirror! Thanks for the complement and the prayers!

      Delete

We have received your comment, and as soon as we can review it, it will appear below. Thank you!