Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Another Christmas Closer: A second Christmas letter to our future daughter

Last Christmas I wrote an open letter to our future adopted daughter. (Read it here) Currently, we are enjoying another Christmas, and yet we are still waiting for her to come home.  Our hope and prayer is that she will be with us by next Christmas.  This letter is in honor of all the families who are waiting for their little one to come home.  The pain of waiting, and the agony of another holiday passing without being able to be with them is, at times, overwhelming.  This is what I wish to say to our little Polish girl.

"My dear little girl,

I wrote you a letter last Christmas, with all of the hope that you would be with us by this year.  The months have come and gone, and you are still not home.  In some ways this year is easier, since we have at least learned your name, and seen your picture.  Funny, but the same things that make this year a little easier also make this year infinitely harder to bear.  I can't help but imagine what life will be like with you here.

I know that you are being taken care of, but I wish we were the ones giving you that care.  Truly, the only gift I wished for this Christmas was to have you here.  God has seen fit to postpone that gift; and so we must wait.

I would want you to know that we are doing everything we can to get to you.  We are working extra jobs.  We are begging people for money. We are saving, and dreaming, and preparing.  It won't be long now.  This year our church gave us a new set of luggage for our trip!  I can't wait to use it.

Be well, my little girl, and know that we love you.  I love you.  Soon we will be together.  Perhaps you will be here with us by next Christmas, and then it will be the best Christmas ever!

Love,

Your Dad


If you are an adoptive family who is waiting and missing your child this Christmas, I am praying for you. Our family understands the heartache as the second year passes since we began this process.  I know the wait will be worth it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We have received your comment, and as soon as we can review it, it will appear below. Thank you!