Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas

Christmas is such a fun time of year, isn't it?! We think about carols, Christmas lights, decorations, cookies, time with family and/or friends, parties, Christmas programs, and so much more. At one time, I would have included snow on my list of "Christmasy" things, but we don't get much of that here.  There is just something about snow falling silently against a backdrop of Christmas lights and carols playing.... Unfortunately, today it is pouring rain. *sigh* Oh well, we still have the Christmas lights on and the carols playing.

A Reason to celebrate
This year as we celebrate Christmas,  the emotions are mixed in our house.  As we sat at the table eating lunch a little while ago, we looked at the clock and determined the time in Poland.  It was about 6:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve there, and we asked the question, "Will (she) be getting any presents this year?"  I don't know.  I do know she is being cared for, and I am grateful for that but still await the day that she will be here with us instead of thousands of miles away. We look forward to sharing all that is special about Christmas with her and the meaning behind the celebration.

Since our last post, we are another step closer to bringing her home.  Our immigration paperwork (I-800A supplement 3) was sent out on December 9th, and we received the immigration notice that says they are processing our request to update it.  This should take two to three weeks, so taking the holiday time into consideration,  we are looking for it to come back by the beginning of January.

We also got all of the documents together and sent in to our agency for our dossier.  Some of them have to be notarized and apostilled before being mailed overseas.  (Apostilling was not a requirement for our dossier to Hungary, but it is a requirement for Poland.)  The only thing we are waiting for to send our documents overseas is our immigration approval, and we can move on to the next step. :D

At the County Courthouse getting Background Checks done for the dossier

We wish you all a very Merry Christmas!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I stumbled across another Poland adopting blog. My husband and I are in the process as well and are leaving in 3 weeks to go get our daughter.! Blessings!

    Cat (www.lifeisalyric.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your family, Catherine! I am sure you are thrilled, and we are very happy for you. :-) We are a few months behind you, anticipating traveling sometime in the spring, so I will have to look up your website for all your tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did look at your blog for a bit. Do you have to make two trips to Poland? So sorry I did not ask that question on your blog, but I did not see where I can leave a comment there.

    ReplyDelete

We have received your comment, and as soon as we can review it, it will appear below. Thank you!