Total Pageviews

Friday, November 23, 2012

Recovery!

Well...the walk is done! My wife and children came to Myrtle Beach and picked me up (literally) on Wednesday late afternoon.  The support via text message and twitter was overwhelming!  I was humbled by all of the people who took the time to send words of encouragement.  I wanted to write this post to give you a recap.

I did not make the 110 miles I had planned.  Due to the injury to my knee on Tuesday, I had to stop early and be driven to my overnight stop at the Rose Bed and Breakfast in Calabash. More about that in a minute.  This unexpected event meant a loss of some miles on Tuesday that I was unable to make up.  I did walk the distance needed on Wednesday, but fell short overall by 15 miles.  So I walked 95 miles over 3 days.  I was a little disappointed, but I still felt good that I walked farther than I had ever walked before, and I did make it to Myrtle Beach!

So many people helped make this walk successful, and I would like to say THANK YOU!  I would also like to say thank you to the owners of Rose Bed & Breakfast in Calabash, NC.  Warren and Nancy generously donated a room for me to sleep in Tuesday night, and were warm and gracious hosts.  If you are ever going to Myrtle Beach, please consider staying over at the Rose.  You will not regret it.  Information can be found at http://therosebandb.com/ .  

Yesterday, which was Thanksgiving was a wonderful opportunity to eat and relax...in that order.  My feet and legs are quite sore, but mending quickly.  I am thankful that God gave me this opportunity.  There were many times along the way that I wanted to quit.  Many things kept me going.  I thought of all those who were supporting me financially and emotionally.  I thought of the orphans around the world who just need someone to help them.  I tried to imagine my pain in some way identifying with the pain they face every day living without a family, or adequate food and shelter.  Then someone pointed out that the pain I was in could be my "labor pains"!  I think they are right!  I am also grateful for my wife who supported me every step of the way, and held down the fort while here husband was out walking! I love her!

I will post soon regarding the total amount raised, as some of the donations are still coming in.  If you have committed to help are would like to now, please let me know as soon as possible.  I would like for the donations to be in by the end of November.  Thank you so much!

The journey is not over.  It didn't end at Myrtle Beach.  We still have so far to go.  Please continue to pray with us as we pursue God's will in our lives concerning adoption.  If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 910-742-4888 or email me through this blog.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have received your comment, and as soon as we can review it, it will appear below. Thank you!